The purpose of work stations is for students to practice and apply skills that they have almost mastered. Some students will be ready to practice this week's skills, but others may need to work on review skills. Don't forget that stations can also be collaborative; in this case, the stations should be on current skills.Tags: DLD, Literacy
- FAQ Home
- All categories
- Reflective Practice
- District Learning Day
- The Professional Learning Zone
- Professional Development
13 users online | 13 Guests and 0 Registered
You cannot comment on this entry
- Do workstation tasks have to be differentiated since the groups are heterogeneous?
- If we have more than 5 students in Tier II, what do we do with the remaining students in Tier II at the time we are seeing 5 of them in small group?
- If some students obviously don’t have pre-requisite skills for this week’s objectives, can those pre-requisites be included in our stations?
- Is independent reading a required station of the Small Group learning stations? I don’t see writing station? (Writing and reading stations shown in Elementary video –Driskell’s 1st grade.)
- Is Tues - Friday 30-45 min whole group & 45-60 min rotations?
- Do the literacy workstation activities have to address the skill(s) that are introduced in whole group? Or can they address review skills?
- Are there any free instructional resources for workstations?
- Can we have a Grammar Workstation as an extra workstation? (We already have the 3 mandated from the district- Vocabulary, Comprehension, and Phonics and will have Writing and Technology as well)
- Are workstations collaborative and heterogeneous or differentiated and homogeneous completing more independent tasks because of differentiation? Are students in the low group treated like a "buzzard" all day or are they given the choice to try more challenging tasks and work with peers in workstations?
- Does each work station have to generate a differentiated product as indicated on the checklist? Some work stations do not generate products right then -- RazKids listening to read and taking comprehension tests would not generate a product seen on a walk-through with a checklist.
- Can students interrupt the instructor during small group? (KK)
- Can CLUE students to lead groups during stations rather than challenging them with work on their level?
- What should my Tier 1 kids be doing while I'm meeting with small groups?
- Do the activities in the workstations go with the skill from the previous week or do they go with the current skill?
- Is it 2 or 3 rotations a day in elementary?
- Is it OK for her to allow students to interrupt her during small group?