- What is a skill? Is the objective the skill? Is the skill included in the objective? Please give examples.
- When does “re-teaching” time occur?
- What grade levels are appropriate for ELL students to have close reading lessons? Some staff members heard at other CLIP sessions that close lessons are only appropriate for upper grades.
- Can you provide a model of successful lesson where a majority of students are struggling and there is no assistant to help?
- If students are struggling in tier I instruction, then do we have flexibility in the curriculum map to allow more time for re-teaching/remediation during whole group instruction? The curriculum map is fast paced. Are we able to slow down instruction to meet the needs of students (if a great deal of them are struggling)?
- To reinforce vocabulary development, why can't we require that all 9th graders take etymology?